Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (MHI) AC codes

Everything related to protocols and IR codes
BR07

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (MHI) AC codes

Post by BR07 »

Good morning everyone,

I'm new to this forum, but thanks to AnalysIR's Chris I have made a start on this project, see below.
I live in Queensland, Australia where we have no heating problems, but plenty of cooling ones.

My new air conditioner is by Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, model SRK63ZMA-S. The remote control has model number RLA502A700B (pic attached).
RLA502A700B.jpg
In Australia (and maybe elsewhere) this company appears to trade independently of Mitsubishi Electric, so the Mitsu Electric codes posted by Vincent and Mathieu do not work for me.

With help from this group I would like to reverse-engineer the MHI remote codes, but first I want to ask if anyone has already done any work on this brand of AC? Has anyone else even heard of MHI? I can get no help from the local companies who are good as selling agents but not much else.

I have found already, using {Arduino/AnalysIR/genericIRShield/Win7 SP1 64bit}, that at least some of the IR codes are identified by AnalysIR as "Sanyo 152AC". Could MHI be rebadged Sanyo? Does anyone have a Sanyo AC?

Any help will be much appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AnalysIR
Site Admin

Re: Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (MHI) AC codes

Post by AnalysIR »

Don't expect any/much correlation between Company name and protocol name. The Protocol names are arbitrary and many systems are rebadged by others etc.

Also, individual manufacturers may use many different protocol formats across their range.

I will look at the files you emailed and get back (hopefully) later today.