Mitsubishi Heavy industries RKS502A503 AC Remote

Everything related to protocols and IR codes
SierraLimaOscar

Mitsubishi Heavy industries RKS502A503 AC Remote

Post by SierraLimaOscar »

Hi everybody.

I'm very new at this and I purchased the LearnIR module and AnalysIR software in order to reverse engineer my old AC at home (I have this idea of adding some smartness to my AC and control it over WiFi). I've made enough progress to post the results in here, but I also need help to finish the job - I'll explain later.

So here's what I figured out so far (all the files are available in: https://github.com/SierraLimaOscar/RKS5 ... e-IR-codes.

So using AnalysIR with the LearnIR module plugged into my PC I've captured the IR signals relating to the temp changes on my AC and a couple of other functions. AnalysIR wouldn't recognize the protocol and is labelling it as "RAW", although it looks to me like a NEC protocol with slightly different timings. So I copied the RAW data into Excel made a formula to "manually" decode the timings into bits and Bytes ("Manual Decode V1.xslx").

There are two different length IR signals: 6 Bytes for most functions and 12 Bytes for the Timer stuff ("ON_20.png" & "Timer1_full.png"). The checksums appear to be that the total of each pair of Bytes (0&1, 2&3, 4&5...) must be 255 (0xFF). The temperature setting starts at 18 degC with a value of 25 (0x19) in Byte3 if the AC is ON or with the value of 17 (0x11) in Byte3 if the AC is OFF. The value of Byte3 then increases by 16 (0x10) for every degC to a max value of 217 (0xD9) for 30 DegC when the AC is ON. Byte2 = 255 - (Value of Byte3).

Similar pattern also appear for the other function although on different Byte pairs. The longer codes for the timer functions appear to also follow that logic, but I've only looked at a couple of them because manually decoding is quite tedious.

And this is where I need help:
1.- Can someone check my above logic and confirm I'm on the right track
and
2.- How can I create a Custom protocol in AnalysIR.ini so that the software will decode the signals and save me from doing it manually - I'll then be able to proceed with my analysis of the codes much faster.
AnalysIR
Site Admin

Re: Mitsubishi Heavy industries RKS502A503 AC Remote

Post by AnalysIR »

Hi

I will look at you signals and add them into AnalysIR. I will send you an undated config file, in a day or 2.
SierraLimaOscar

Brilliant!

Hopefully I'm not completely wrong in my assumption/findings.
AnalysIR
Site Admin

Post by AnalysIR »

OK..that wasn't too difficult. However, it is a slightly unusual/uncommon format.

There are 2 signal types, one 48 bits and a special longer one which is 96 bits for extra timer data.

Use the LSB8 format in AnalysIR, when reverse engineering.

The checksum is unusual, but easy.

Data is stored in byte pairs. The second byte has the data & when added to the first byte of the pair, you always get 0xFF. So the first bytes of each pair of bytes is the checksum for the second byte of the pair.

I will email you an update for your ini file shortly. You can find the correct directory for the file by Menu_>FIle->Explore in AnalysIR.

You must restart AnalysIR after updating the ini file. ALT+R

PS: I didn't cross check against your work. So post back if you see any variance.
BR07

Post by BR07 »

Hi,
I'm working on MHI codes too, but the remote is numbered RLA502A700B in my case, pic attached.
RLA502A700B.jpg
The whole project has been made so easy by the AnalysIR package, I also use a LearnIR cabled direct by USB to my desktop, with a SendIR module on an Arduino Mega for processing and retransmission of the IR.

Some spreadsheet extracts are attached after reverse engineering with help of AnalysIR.
OneOfEach.pdf
The remote signals were identified immediately by AnalysIR as Sanyo152AC. This is a 152 bit (308 pulses) code.
The checksum for this unit is the same as yours, but I'm working in hex.
Each AC function is controlled by two hex bytes, the sum of the two bytes is always FF. Simple hey?

There is a Toshiba 144-bit protocol - named Toshiba 80-96-144-160 AC - which might be worth trying, but it might be easier to just build your own for the limited commands you need in your project. You are almost there!

Good luck!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SierraLimaOscar

Done!

I've finished working on the reverse engineering since I now have all I need for my automation prototype. It was fairly easy. AnalysisIR and Excel were a very powerful combo. If anybody needs the codes and other stuff I've put everything on Github: https://github.com/SierraLimaOscar/RKS5 ... e-IR-codes

If somebody needs additional informations please post in here.