Everything related to protocols and IR codes
PieroSpeciale

BEKO AND SEKOM AC Protocols

Post by PieroSpeciale »

Hello everyone,
I need to sniff the protocols of these two AC:

- Beko BD1090/1

- Sekom SCT096Y

and I did not find them in the list of supported AC protocols of AnalysIR.

What should I expect to use an arduino as sniffer? Just raw files ?
And then I would have trouble exporting to lirc files to use it with raspbrry PI?

Moreover I used AnalysIR to sniff an HAIER AC . AnalysIR immediately recognized the protocol (It was in the list of supported AC protocols).
Is there a way with AnalysIR to capture the protocol without having to press all the remote buttons with all the combinations, since the protocol is already supported by the program?

Waiting for feedback

Thank you for the help and

Best Regards
Piero
AnalysIR
Site Admin

Re: BEKO AND SEKOM AC Protocols

Post by AnalysIR »

If you email me(info@....) a saved session file of each of the protocols, I will look into adding them to AnalysIR & issue you with a config update.
...via Menu->File->save Session.

However, wait until you update to the latest 'dev' version which has more protocols & fixes.
Is there a way with AnalysIR to capture the protocol without having to press all the remote buttons with all the combinations, since the protocol is already supported by the program?
sadly, no :(
However, the best way is to reverse engineer the protocol, so that you know what each data field means.
You will find examples on how to do this on our blog and also in this IRforum.

AnalyusIR contains a reverse engineering tool & checksum calculator to help with this task.

Then it is easier to generate any signal combination you want using custom firmware.....check out the existing examples.
And then I would have trouble exporting to lirc files to use it with raspbrry PI?
AnalysIR, can export directly ro LIRC RAW format. Menu->file->Batch export->Lirc....