Baud rate on UART USB bridge

agent_cooper

Baud rate on UART USB bridge

Post by agent_cooper »

I am having difficulty with the high baud rate used by AnalysIR. I have an Arduino compatible setup but not an actual Arduino board. And, part of that setup uses a UART USB bridge.

I am confident that the Arduino sketch is working. After changing the baud rate to 115200, I was able to observe some output on the Arduino IDE serial monitor.

I found the relevant documentation and tools over the weekend to modify the settings of the bridge, and I'll post updates on my experiences.

But, I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem and how they dealt with it.
AnalysIR
Site Admin

Re: Baud rate on UART USB bridge

Post by AnalysIR »

Hi

Yes we have set the BAUD rate quite high to improve the responsiveness of the system, and found no issues with Arduinos when testing.

However, you may be in luck - we have recently started testing support for the TI MSP430 LaunchPad which appears to only run at rates up to 115,200. So if you select this as your source it should work. (Selecting sources is one of several new features in the next release)

We are currently testing this version - let us know if you want to try it out or you can wait until we include it in the next release at the end of Nov'13.
mikewolf

Post by mikewolf »

Please Help,

i have the same Problems testet with Arduino Uno and MEGA2560 the Baud rate is to high there no communication ,with AnalysIr or the SerialMonitor !!,
if i change in the sketch the Baud rate from 200000 to 115200 or 19200 nothing functions.!
when i set it to 9600 the Arduino say on the serialMonitor :
!AnalysIR!
!Free Ram : 5111! thats ok i think ?!
but when i press a button of any FB there a crypt sign`s on the screen "-d +ertt4+"
then i close the Arduino IDE and start AnalysIR set the Serial port to "com14" but i cannot change the Baudrate ???
was is here Wrong ????

help me please !

with best regards michael
AnalysIR
Site Admin

Post by AnalysIR »

Hi Michael
-d +ertt4+
This is normal format as The sketch firmware sends the data to the PC in binary format.

Once you change the BAUD to 115,200 in the sketch, you must select MSP430 as source - instead of Arduino.

At present there is a known issue when using UNO, because it cannot seem to keep up with the default high speed serial I/F being used. In this case the workaround is to set the BAUD to 115,200 and select MSP430 as the source.

For the Mega there are no known issues like this at present. Make sure you have defined Mega as 'true' and all of the other models as 'false' in the sketch. Leave the BAUD as default & Select Arduino as the Source within AnalysIR.

Note: the above behaviour mak be changed in a future release.
mikewolf

Post by mikewolf »

Hello,
Thanks, the Problem was solved,
because it was my error ,i will see the code in the Serialmonitor from the Arduino,but this was wrong,
AnalysIR communicate a different way to the Arduino as the Serial Monitor.That was the Problem !!

I write here to info other Users !

Thanks
Mikewolf