IR learner VS IR receiver and how to send codes

the_menda14

IR learner VS IR receiver and how to send codes

Post by the_menda14 »

Hi there everybody, firs I wish to know wich is the difference betwen an IR sender and an IR receiver.

Second I wish to know if is possible to send codes with AnalyseIR using an arduino.

Thanks for those who could help me!
AnalysIR
Site Admin

Re: IR learner VS IR receiver and how to send codes

Post by AnalysIR »

IR receiver: outputs the 'de-modulated' IR signal....i.e. just the data part

So a mark is Low and a space is High on the oputput.
The standard IR receiver makes it easier for a MCU to decode the signal.

IR Learner: outputs the carrier as well.
For output, the space is also Low, but the Mark is an inverted square wave at the IR signals carrier frequency.
The Learner is required to allow measurement of the carrier frequency of the IR signal.

IR sender is anything that emits Inrared signals with a carrier. Usually (but not always), an MCU is required to generate the carrier

AnalysIR supports direct sendingfrom the application with our own modules (LearnIR, A.IR Shield Nano, A.IR Shield Photon) plus the IR Toy.
https://www.analysir.com/blog/shop/

Otherwise, you can export the signals from AnalysIR in C code to send with IRremote on an Arduino (IRLib, PSOC & LIRC are also supported like this)

There are lots of examples of sending IR signals on our blog.
skydvrz

Post by skydvrz »

>Otherwise, you can export the signals from AnalysIR in C code to send with IRremote on an Arduino (IRLib, PSOC & LIRC are also supported like this)

The export options seem to output unformatted strings and not actual C code. Do I need to hand edit the hex code into a C code array or am I missing something?

I like the LearnIR format as it looks like it is very concise. Is there an Arduino library available that can take LearnIR syntax/hex values and send it out an I/O port? I have a couple ESP8266 NodeMCU boards I would like to implement this on.

I need to send this and two other signals over IR:

// Signal 1 : GREE35_67AC : Power Off : 4970039D280040001 : 38000 :
LIR: 26 2328 1194 0258 069A 0258 0258 0258 4E08 01 22 12 21 21 11 F2 A1 11 22 11 12 12 21 23 1F 2C 1F 2E 22 21 1F

Any help would be much appreciated. I am an experienced programmer, but have just started working with Arduino.

TIA!

Kevin
AnalysIR
Site Admin

Post by AnalysIR »

The export options seem to output un-formatted strings and not actual C code. Do I need to hand edit the hex code into a C code array or am I missing something?
Use the Batch export option under the File Menu, to get the generated C code.

Is there an Arduino library available that can take LearnIR syntax/hex values and send it out an I/O port?
Unfortunately not as The LearnIR firmware is part of our commercial code. However, the syntax is explained in the user guide you got in the download of the LearnIR app & you could easily code it up(for sending at least).
Alternatively, you could follow one of the examples provided on our blog about sending signals from HEX, which could be just a concise (or closer).