Remote Central post, Heyu, HA-Bridge and X-10 Control

Topics not directly related to AnalysIR or IR
NeilP

Remote Central post, Heyu, HA-Bridge and X-10 Control

Post by NeilP »

Hi

I posted on your thread over on the Remote Central Forum...

my post there is repeated below

Basically i was wondering if your devices/ code can be of any use in my setup.

I'll repeat the post here, below..

Trawl your way through it, see if you understand what I am asking and we can go from there.

Thanks

Neil

I have followed the link and I strongly suspect it is. I see the A IR nano shield and various other projects, but am unsure what I want/need or if your project is what I need at all.

Currently I run a Raspberry Pi with HA-Bridge and heyu to control X-10 powerline devices.

To add IR reception to the RPi to allow X-10 control of devices within the same system would be the goal.

I have successfully tied in a HomeVision device to receive IR to control X-10 in conjunction with a harmony Remote and Hub.

Harmony only sees X-10 devices via the 'fake' Philips hue HA-bridge emulator..as lights...so cannot control the X-10 devices until AFTER/THE END of scene creation..absolutely useless...so creating a fake entertainment device called X-10 allows the Harmony to turn on -10 devices at the start of a scene.

Doing it this way works..but it does mean I now have two Raspberry Pi's and two X-10 serial to powerline device running. No big thhing but it is duplicating everything.

I have one RPi running the HA-bridge emulator / heyu driving the CM11 to send X-10 commands and now also the HomeVision device (and is associated RPi) and its TW-523 powerline unit sending X-10 signals.

The HomeVision /TW-523 is an extra device that could be removed to simplify the whoel system if I could just get IR reception and decoding in to the Raspberry Pi and get that to drive heyu and the CM-11 directly.

this is the HV controller if yo have not seen them.

[Link: csi3.com]

So to sum up .

Does your device and code allow IR reception on my currently running RPi and driving the heyu application on the Pi ?

https://www.heyu.org/
AnalysIR
Site Admin

Re: Remote Central post, Heyu, HA-Bridge and X-10 Control

Post by AnalysIR »

It is difficult for me to fully understand the full details your requirement....however...

I suspect our A.IR Shield Nano would work for you, assuming you need the option of sending and receiving IR signals from/to the RPi. Essentially all comms to the device is via SerialUSB and because it is essentially an Arduino, you can easily customize the source code, if necessary, to your needs.

We also have a Python script available (described below) which you can modify as needed.
https://wiki.analysir.com/index.php?tit ... hon_script

PS: apologies about the delay in responding, we are just over a 'holiday' here.
NeilP

Re: Remote Central post, Heyu, HA-Bridge and X-10 Control

Post by NeilP »

I am down in Jersey ..no holiday here.

Think that editing Python scripts etc maybe beyond my ability..or time to do it!

Lots of things on the go here at the moment.

Thanks for the reply