Unstable performance of IR receiver

An area for more general discussion by the user community for topics not covered elsewhere
dimpalssutar

Unstable performance of IR receiver

Post by dimpalssutar »

Dear Community Members,
I am working on reception of IR signal from Air conditioner's remote. To achieve this I have selected IR receiver and sensor respectively - TSOP34438 and TSMP58000. The circuit diagram is shared in the attachment and the output of both sensors is fed to ESP12 E module's GPIO pins specifically GPIO14, GPIO12.
The issue with circuitry is I am receiving an unstable performance that is not receiving stable output throughout a day without a change in circuit elements. I make sure the current supply for respective IR module is with the range specified in their datasheet. (Current supply: for TSOP34438 is 0.33mA and for TSMP58000 is 0.6mA). The other concern is without transmitting any IR signal it is receiving environmental noise as IR signal, can anyone help me resolve this issue.
I would appreciate your help.
Thank you,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AnalysIR
Site Admin

Re: Unstable performance of IR receiver

Post by AnalysIR »

First thing I noticed is that the pinouts of both IR receivers is incorrect in your circuit. Please refer to the data sheet, correct and try again.
You could also change the resitors t o100R and the capacitors to 100nF.(But this shouldnt becausing any issue for you)

WiFi can interfere with IR receivers, so make sure to move the receiver as far away as you can. You can test this by disabling WiFi and using only the serialUSB for debugging. Minimise the length of any loose jumper wires, which could act as antennae for WiFi.

Also, check out our A.IR Shield ESP8266/ESP32 Shields in our web shop.
dimpalssutar

Post by dimpalssutar »

Hi,
Regarding the pinout, I have connected on board properly with respect to the datasheet. I have not numbered correctly in the schematic, my bad!
And related to WiFi signal interference I have disabled the ESP module; still receiving junk data continuously.
To decode the received IR signal I am using IRremote library.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AnalysIR
Site Admin

Post by AnalysIR »

I Presume you have verified the ESP is working correctly.

If so, please post a photo of your setup, making sure all the wiring is clearly visible.