Long Range One Button Remote with Wiegand Protocol Help.

An area for more general discussion by the user community for topics not covered elsewhere
Kosmicdude

Long Range One Button Remote with Wiegand Protocol Help.

Post by Kosmicdude »

Hi all, First I would like to start by saying i am m am pretty new to IR, But have a good understanding of electronics. Been in the field for over 20+ years.

I have a issue with a remote. The remote is Long Range IR with one button. When using its own receiver it outputs a 8 byte hex. (It is using Wiegand 26bit protocol).

When scanning with AnalysIR and the Nano A.IR Shield, I get a error similar to the one in the picture attached. (I am still waiting for inventory of the LearnIR V2)

I am a bit confused in that i thought that AnalysIR would capture any IR signal in RAW and I would be able to reverse engineer and build write a protocol. Am I wrong to think this? Or am I looking at completely wrong, and need to implement Wiegand decoding into a IR Reveiver. And at that point AnalysIR wont be compatible.

Any advice, thoughts, direction anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated, so I can get the wheels moving in my head again.

Thank You
Kosmicdude
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AnalysIR
Site Admin

Re: Long Range One Button Remote with Wiegand Protocol Help.

Post by AnalysIR »

First thoughts are that it may not be a modulated IR signal, like a TV or STB. For example it could be an IRDA device which is not the same a consumer IR. (Although IRDA is usually very short range)

If you post the relevant makes & model #s, I will try to check them out.

The 58 after the LIR: indicates an invalid carrier frequency (i.e. not one of the standard or supported frequencies)
Kosmicdude

Post by Kosmicdude »

The Remote is:
Name: VISCOUNT INFRACLICK REMOTE
Manufacturer: VISCOUNT
Manufacturer #: 50131502

The Receiver is:
Name: VISCOUNT INFRACLICK RECEIVER
Manufacturer: VISCOUNT
Manufacturer #: 50-1314-21

Attached: SALES SPECIFICATIONS
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AnalysIR
Site Admin

Post by AnalysIR »

Sadly, there seems to be no useful info on this device online.

There is a mention that they try to make it difficult to reproduce the signal.

The only thing I can suggest is opening up and applying an oscilloscope or logic analyzer to see what the signal is like.

Alternatively, you could try: https://www.analysir.com/blog/2014/05/0 ... -receiver/ this (the circuit is easy to make up yourself.
Kosmicdude

Post by Kosmicdude »

Ok, Thanks a bunch. I will try a logic analyzer.