Daikin Remote

Everything related to protocols and IR codes
tramanah

Daikin Remote

Post by tramanah »

Hi, I am totally new for IR analysis. I did download the latest sketch from the website and compile it and execute. The result as in attachment. May I know how to analyse this signal in analysIR. I want to checksum calculator to make sure the data is correct before step further.
IR - TSOP 34438
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AnalysIR
Site Admin

Re: Daikin Remote

Post by AnalysIR »

Assuming you have a registered copy of AnalysIR, you can use the checksum calculator & reverse engineering tool under the Power Tools menu.

There are also some videos available via https://www.youtube.com/AnalysIR/videos

Plus the user guide might help also.

Often setting LSB8 mode after recording the signals will provide easier to understand results.

Finally, if you still cannot make any progress, just email me a set of signals using Menu->File->Save Session in AnalysIR (with all the temperatures in order)
tramanah

Post by tramanah »

Hi, good day.
I did purchase the Pro version and successfully update my license key. After a successful plot in the Arduino sketch, I did close the program and open AnalysIR and set the com port accordingly. Upon press remote control, I do manage to see a small indicator beside comm port is blinked once. That shows data are coming. Unfortunately, I could any graph in AnalysIR.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tramanah

Post by tramanah »

HI, I have change the sketch and tried to trigger remote control and manage to get plot. I have attached the history.

I did try to check the CheckSUM calculator --> doesn't match the CRC.

Please do advice
AnalysIR
Site Admin

Post by AnalysIR »

This is indeed a very tricky one

The checksum is calculated as follows:

using LSB8 in AnalysIR
Checksum is 2nd last nibble and is the SUM of all other nibbles, including last nibble. (truncated to the 4 bits of the nibble)

You can verify this using the checksum calculator....and as I said very very tricky
(exclude the last byte and mentally add in the value of the last nibble to the SUM result under nibbles)

have fun :)

For Reference: This signal decodes as York 64 AC in AnalysIR (naming conventions are arbitrary). There are also 2 additional headers before the main signal. Also, the timings are not a very close match to the York timings, so maybe it is indeed a different protocol format.
tramanah

Post by tramanah »

Good day,
I have attached the second section which manages to get Type as Daikin64AC. I did set protocol to custom and Japanese.

I didn't get it the checksum of as you mention.
Example: -
16 42 51 23 10 10 17 EC

Checksum result is 17(HEX) which is SUM of ( 16 42 51 23 10 10). I have to ignore @End 2 bytes and press "Calculate Checksum". Then get the "SUM" value and add with EC hex to get 17 hex.

Can I get a checksum formula?
AnalysIR
Site Admin

Post by AnalysIR »

First thing...if you reset all signals to RAW (right click on History and select set all rows to raw. Then use Menu->Power Tools->History Decode). It should decode as York64AC.

Checksum: See the notes below after the image
2019-06-16 14_27_05-AnalysIR - AC Reverse Engineering Tool.jpg
Markers 1 & 5 are the checsum nibble 'E'
Marker 3 excludes the last byte in the calculations (but we have to add in the last nibble 'C' (Markers 2&6) later)
Marker 4 shows the SUM of all nibbles except the last byte(2 nibbles) which is excluded. The result is 22 HEX, but we only consider the lower nibble '2' (denoted by Marker 4)

This is where we have to add the last nibble C' (Markers 2&6) to the result '2' in HEX(Marker 4) which equals the checksum nibble 'E' (Markers 5 & 1)

I hope that helps explain things. This is a particularly tricky one to uncover, but made all the more easy with the help of these unique tools in AnlysIR.

Note: Make sure to use LSB8 when working on reverse engineering for this (and most AC IR Protocols).

PS: You seemed to mention other stuff which was not clear to me.
AnalysIR
Site Admin

Post by AnalysIR »

I didn't get it the checksum of as you mention.
Example: -
16 42 51 23 10 10 17 EC

Checksum result is 17(HEX) which is SUM of ( 16 42 51 23 10 10). I have to ignore @End 2 bytes and press "Calculate Checksum". Then get the "SUM" value and add with EC hex to get 17 hex.

Can I get a checksum formula?
Actually the checksum is the 'E' not '17' (see my previous post for the formula). Your calculation here just happens to be a coincidence.
tramanah

Post by tramanah »

thank you & do appreciate most.

I do understand now.
How I can send the verified signal back to air cond.
I do find in menu --> Power Tools -> "Send Selected IR" but how to interface with Arduino to get final confirmation with AirCond to confirm is correct. Please do advice.
AnalysIR
Site Admin

Post by AnalysIR »

To send directly from AnalysIR, you need to have one of our MakeIR range of IR modules.

Otherwise, use the sendraw function of IRremote.

If you are not familiar with IRremote...play around with the examples using your TV first.

Once you are comfortable with IRremote, you can then use the batch export feature in AnalysIR to generate the C code for IRremote via Menu->File->Batch Export->IRremote