Reverse engineering Fujitsu Nocria 14 AC Am I doing t right?

Everything related to protocols and IR codes
eriksson25

Reverse engineering Fujitsu Nocria 14 AC Am I doing t right?

Post by eriksson25 »

Hi, I have been working with decoding and understanding the code for this unit.

AC Fujitsu Nocria 14
Remote model: AR-PZ2 http://jan.imghost.us/A4g9.jpg
Using a RPI and a TSOP4838 IR reciver.

I think I have been quite sucessful. I have been studeing the HEX code and I wanted to check with you all if I have been doing it right.

The code is 128 bits (ecxept power on/off and some special that is 56 bits). And is detected by AnalysIR as Type Fujitsu128_56AC

I put all the code in Excel and tried all diffrent buttons and compared what was changing and so on. Below is the result. I have not tried to decipher the timesetings for the timer part.
Hve I done it right? If I am right, could I now pic a Hex codestring, calculate the checksum ending and then send it with a rpi and ir transmitter to the AC? The AC is 3h cardrive away so I cant try it out just now...

http://jan.imghost.us/A4io.jpg

AnalysIR
Site Admin

Re: Reverse engineering Fujitsu Nocria 14 AC Am I doing t ri

Post by AnalysIR »

Thanks for posting all that info...
I put all the code in Excel and tried all diffrent buttons and compared what was changing and so on. Below is the result. I have not tried to decipher the timesetings for the timer part.
Hve I done it right? If I am right, could I now pic a Hex codestring, calculate the checksum ending and then send it with a rpi and ir transmitter to the AC? The AC is 3h cardrive away so I cant try it out just now...
Based on a quick review, it looks good. Have you also figured out the checksum mechanism?

My approach would be as follows, assuming you are using LIRC:
- Test things out by just sending RAW signals using LIRC on the RPi.
- To do this you just need to export the signals in LIRC RAW format ( Menu->File->Batch Export->LIRC RAW ).
- Obviously, you will also need to have LIRC set up to transmit.
- You then have a choice to to just use a selection of signals that you want to use regularly or build some sort of script on the RPi to dynamically build the LIRC file for signals as you want to send them. This second approach would make use of the reverse engineering that you posted already.
- You could also clean up the signals using the 'auto-clean' feature in AnalysIR. Currently you would have to export and re-import each individual signal. However, we implemented a better solution last week which automatically cleans every signal in the history & this will be included in the next release within a week or two. It would be easy enough to write a script to clean up the timings on the RPi - correct timings can be found in the rules tab and via Menu-File->Properties.

FYI: I just found an old document (see attached) from another AnalysIR user for the same protocol. As we don't have any AC units to test with, I would appreciate if you could cross reference this document with your own and post back any adjustments needed. (NB: There is always the possibility that bit order could be flipped/inverted)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eriksson25

Post by eriksson25 »

Thank you for response.

I will wait for my IR kit and then set up another RPI to test and send exported signals in LIRC RAW to my first RPI to see if it works, since I dont have the AC unit here.

For my project I dont need dynamic possibilitys so a few standard comands is enough. But it was good to get a understanding of how it was built up and thats why I did all the work i did.
The end checksum was easy, I just took the last 16 hex caracters (not counting ending 2 checksum caracters) and calculated it with http://www.planetimming.com/checksum8.html

I will have a look at the atatched documentation and compare with my findings, thanks for that =)

/KG
AnalysIR
Site Admin

Post by AnalysIR »

Must look into adding a checksum calculator, like the one in the link, into AnalysIR...normally I just use the Windows calculator in HEX mode - which is a bit manual.
AnalysIR
Site Admin

Post by AnalysIR »

@eriksson25

Thanks to your tip, we have now implemented a new checksum calculator feature, integrated into AnalysIR. It will surely save a lot of time for users in future, having a quick method to calculate & validate checksums of various types (SUM, XOR & CRC).

This feature will be included in the next release within the next couple of weeks or maybe even sooner.

A screenshot is attached below.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eriksson25

Post by eriksson25 »

That is Awsome!

Great work with this software. I have and will recomend it to anyone I know that would be interesting IR signals =)

Now I am just waiting for my IR KIT so I can continue my quest =)
rix399

Re: Reverse engineering Fujitsu Nocria 14 AC Am I doing t right?

Post by rix399 »

Can any of you please share the final signals in LIRC RAW format also? I have the same device/remote and no IR reverse engineering experience.