Format conversion of nonstandard commands

Everything related to protocols and IR codes
mpalka

Format conversion of nonstandard commands

Post by mpalka »

My remote for LG TV 50PB690V launches only menu to select inputs. There is not direct HDMI1 or HDMI2 button, but i found HDMI codes at net. There is also only Power toggle button on remote but i found separate power on a and power off codes to avoid sync problems of macros with original remotes in one room concurently. The codes are:
INPUT HDMI1->20DF738C
INPUT HDMI2->20DF33CC
INPUT HDMI3->20DF9768
POWER OFF->20DFA35C
POWER ON->20DF23DC

There are hex/lirc converters on the net but all of them require much longer signal source description than codes above. After 3 nights of trial error I need help how to convert these codes to LIRC or other widely used code. Any push to correct way would be helpfull.
AnalysIR
Site Admin

Re: Format conversion of nonstandard commands

Post by AnalysIR »

If its an NEC format signal you could use the following to convert it to RAW. HEX to NEC IR signal generator

If not, use AnalysIR or IRremote/IRLib2 to record a signal in RAW format, using your remote control. That will provide the format of the signal protocol.

Once you have the RAW signal, AnalysIR can export it in LIRC format. Alternatively, you should be able to build up the LIRC format manually using a text editor.
mpalka

Re: Format conversion of nonstandard commands

Post by mpalka »

YES it is NEC. You made me really happy today. Thank you. IRCode apk sent NEC code, which was not on physical remote, from phone by IR dongle to smart remote.