Multi-select in the Session History grid

If you like AnalysIR, why not leave some feedback or comments for people looking the get a copy of AnalysIR
skydvrz

Multi-select in the Session History grid

Post by skydvrz »

Hi!

I am a registered user and love your product.

I am a software developer and I have some ideas for AnalysIR improvement.

I'd like the Session History grid a lot more if I could select more than one record at a time for deletion. Most windows grids allow Left-Click on a record to set a "anchor record" and then Shift-Left-Click on some other record to select a range of records. Now you can do a mass-delete, export (or whatever is appropriate) of the selected records.

Alternatively Ctrl-Left-Click can select individual records with gaps in between them. Usually a grid component supports both methods if it supports multi-select at all.

The reason I need to select a block is that my IR sensor occasionally picks up sunlight from my office window. This fills up the grid with dozens of bogus records. It would be nice if I could close the the window blinds and then quickly delete the junk records without deleting the good ones. Selecting-them-one-at-a-time-and-deleting-them-one-at-a-time is excruciating.

Adjustable grid column widths would be nice.

Movable grid columns would be nice.

Clicking on column headers to sort would be nice.

Dockable panels instead of the current group boxes would be nice.

Storing all grid and dock customization in the registry for future sessions would be nice.

Could you store the Source selection in the registry and load it at startup? It currently defaults to a source that kinda-sorta works with my IR hardware. This drives me nuts when my setup acts weird upon startup and it turns out to be AnalysIR using the wrong source hardware protocol.

I hope you find my ideas useful.

Best regards,

Kevin G. McCoy
AnalysIR
Site Admin

Re: Multi-select in the Session History grid

Post by AnalysIR »

Hi Kevin

Thanks for the great input.

We will keep them in mind for the next major version or if we touch on these features in the interim.
Could you store the Source selection in the registry and load it at startup? It currently defaults to a source that kinda-sorta works with my IR hardware. This drives me nuts when my setup acts weird upon startup and it turns out to be AnalysIR using the wrong source hardware protocol.
We have considered this before & decided to always default to the Arduino as source, when a com port is lost. There is a feature which does remember the source used in certain circumstances. Unfortunately, this all resulted from varying experiences with com ports on wwindows across multiple devices & we felt the safest approach was to default to a 'safe(r)' setting.

You could try editing the ini file (Menu->File->explore) and editing the COM port entry, which can include the source.

In case yours is a special condition, let me know the source you use and I can check if there is a particular issue with that.
skydvrz

Post by skydvrz »

Hi,

I am using a dedicated ESP8266 NodeMCU as an IR receiver. It seems to flake out if I use the "Arduino (default)" setting - lots of framing errors. It works great on the NodeMCU Serial setting of AnalysIR.

Best regards,

Kevin G. McCoy
AnalysIR
Site Admin

Post by AnalysIR »

Yes...Thats why the 'Source' option is there....It is 100% likely that the NodeMCU firmware is different from the stock Arduino Firmware.

PS: We have an updated firmware for NodeMCU, If you are using the original that came with the first install pack the nemail me me directly & I will send you the updated firmware.
skydvrz

Post by skydvrz »

I bought a LearnIR module from you guys, so I am using that for snooping on IR transmissions now. AnalysIR seems to like it better :-) I will be repurposing my NodeMCU board as an IR transmitter soon.