How to send codes recorded with AnalsyIR & TSOP1738 issues with ESP8266

AnalysIR
Site Admin

How to send codes recorded with AnalsyIR & TSOP1738 issues with ESP8266

Post by AnalysIR »

A request submitted by a user....
The initial request was related to noise appearing on all signals recorded, using a TSOP1738 on a 3V3 ESP8266/NodeMCU.

The initial solution was:
The TSOP1738 (family) can be powered between 4.5V->5.5V only. The problem was that it was powered from 3V3. The solution was to use a more modern IR receiver, which can also work at a much lower voltage.

The follow-up issue is below:
Ok ..... I think yeah. I replaced the reciever and setup on arduino. Working fine now.
I am able to detect few codes but while working with AC Codes i faced another issue. The Type of code detected by the software is ELECTROLUX192_AC. But in arduino ir remote library we dont have that protocol so i am not sure how to fire this protocol back using IR LEDs. So is there anyway i can use these protocols on my arduino to fire back ?
AnalysIR
Site Admin

Re: How to send codes recorded with AnalsyIR & TSOP1738 issues with ESP8266

Post by AnalysIR »

Great to hear the original issue is now resolved :)

IRremote is not really designed/focused on AC IR protocols. If you wish you can add support for this protocol to the library.

AnalysIR can export the C code to send any signal with IRremote, via Menu->File->Batch Export->IRremote.

You just need to add the basic wrapper to the exported code.

Also, remember to clean the signals first via the Power Tools Menu. This will provide better performance, reliability & range.

Post back if it works out for you!