Connecting the A.IR Shield ESP8266/ESP32 with AnalysIR over SerialUSB

AnalysIR
Site Admin

Connecting the A.IR Shield ESP8266/ESP32 with AnalysIR over SerialUSB

Post by AnalysIR »

A user with an A.IR Shield ESP8266/ESP32 reported the following:
I received the air shield for ESP32 and I installed the latest version of AnalysIR (1.16.100.8237), but I can not establish the communication for the decoding of the signals received from the remote controls, despite the serial being selected, even if red.

From the Source menu I selected AIRShield ESP8266 serial (it is not present in the ESP32 menu).
How can I solve the problem?
AnalysIR
Site Admin

Re: Connecting the A.IR Shield ESP8266/ESP32 with AnalysIR over SerialUSB

Post by AnalysIR »

Selecting AIRShield ESP8266 in the Source menu is correct when using an AIR Shield ESP32.

If the box beside the COM port is Red, then you have not selected the correct PORT number.

Please veryify which COM port is being used by the ESP32 and select that from the drop down at the bottom of the window.
wait for it to turn green. Only then select the AIRShield ESP8266 serial option from the Source Menu.

Don't forget to refer to & follow the getting started guide, which should have been emailed to you.

If the problem still persists, then post a screen shot of the Main window after you have completed the steps above.
electrodevice

Post by electrodevice »

the two screenshots report the errors that appear at startup, subsequently, later, connect to the USB port the esp32 you provided with air shield, the port is mapped as COM5, 115200 bps, red and I am sure that the door it is not occupied by any software.
I also tried to read with a serial monitor, when IR receives a remote control, the ESP32 blue light flashes and indecipherable characters appear on the serial monitor.
If I try to select from the source menu -> A.IR Shield866 serial, at the bottom I see the selection in red and after a few seconds, Arduino returns (I think the default)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AnalysIR
Site Admin

Post by AnalysIR »

the two screenshots report the errors that appear at startup,
The first images showsan error with the latest 'dev'release. You can ignore this. It has been fixed and will be included in hte next 'dev' release. In the meantime, you can disable these update checks @ stsrt-up under the help menu.

For the second pop-up, just follow the instructions and configure the IP as described to 127.0.0.1
I also tried to read with a serial monitor, when IR receives a remote control, the ESP32 blue light flashes and indecipherable characters appear on the serial monitor.
That is good and means the device is working OK & should connect to AnalysIR. I presume you also selected COM5 for this.
subsequently, later, connect to the USB port the esp32 you provided with air shield, the port is mapped as COM5, 115200 bps, red and I am sure that the door it is not occupied by any software.
If I try to select from the source menu -> A.IR Shield866 serial, at the bottom I see the selection in red and after a few seconds, Arduino returns (I think the default)
The steps are:
- Connect the ESP32 to the USB port
- Make sure no other application is uning this port.
- Select COM5 from the bottom of the window.
- wait 5-10 seconds for it to go green
- Only, after it goes green, select AIRShield ESP8266 from the Source menu.
- You should see the text at the bottom change from Arduino to AIRShield ESP8266
- If there is still a problem post a screenshot, after the steps above.

If you still have a problem, try restarting your PC and repeat the above.
electrodevice

Post by electrodevice »

it still does not work, I have also restarted the pc.
I have attached the AnalysIR.ini file

EDIT: attachement removed by admin to avoid possible confusion in future.
electrodevice

Post by electrodevice »

i have pc with windows10 pro.
i attached the image of driver of COMM port used on ESP32
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AnalysIR
Site Admin

Post by AnalysIR »

The ini file is fine....but

change this line
AIR_IPADDRESS=127.0.0.1

by replacing the 127.0.0.1 to the IP address of your PC on you LAN, If you want ot use the ESP over WiFi later.

You did not post a screen shot, as per the last point in the list of my previous post.
- If there is still a problem post a screenshot, after the steps above.
I will be going offline shortly to visit a Tindie even locally and will be at a related hackaday uncon her for most of tomorrow. So it is possible that I may not be able to follow up much until Sunday, sorry.

PS: I will remove the ini file you posted, because it can cause confusion later, if things change in new releases. (But is OK to post an ini file here of course)
AnalysIR
Site Admin

Post by AnalysIR »

i have pc with windows10 pro.
i attached the image of driver of COMM port used on ESP32
That look like your problem, it is on COM2...NOT on COM5!!

Please select COM2 from the drop down and repeat the steps above
electrodevice

Post by electrodevice »

I took the picture after changing the com5 with com2, believing that there could be a problem.
The software still does not communicate.
The door turns green only if I select the pc's com1 (the com1 is free)
electrodevice

Post by electrodevice »

port is green only COM1 (free)