Getting Started Help

heidiheweidy

Getting Started Help

Post by heidiheweidy »

Hello everyone, Im the lucky one :D
Now I installed AnalysIR but I am so lost and I dont know how to proceed with the execution! My Arduino is Uno so in the readme of the arduino installation in the appdata directory, I couldnt go any further when I saw that i should change my arduino baudrate from serial monitor to 2,000,000 as my only options are between 300 and 115200 baud!
I also tried to play alittle with the UI of AnalysIR itself trying to change the port to be the same as the arduino port, it said "couldnt change to port 11".

I am so glad I found AnalysisIR coz controlling the AC has been really like a bet between me and my professor, but my deadline is after tomorrow morning and I have just got my hands on your application. I would REALLY appreciate it if I get any help regarding how to use it in my project.
AnalysIR
Site Admin

Re: Getting Started Help

Post by AnalysIR »

NB: This reply applies to 0.9xxxxxx versions only.

Baud Rate: you do not need to change anything regarding baud rate, just the following:

1. Load the Arduino sketch provided onto your UNO using the Arduino IDE. Do not change anything in the default sketch when using the Arduino UNO.
2. Connect the USB cable to your PC
3. Find the COM PORT number of your ARDUINO (Control Panel->Device Manager->Ports)
4. Select the correct COM port from the drop down at the bottom right of the main AnalysIR window.
5. Press some keys on your Infrared remote control and you should see some signals appear on the display (aka Signal trace)

Of course, you should also have your IR receiver connected to GND, 5V and the output connected to pin 2 of the Arduino as per the diagram in the Getting Started Guide.

If you still have issues, first make sure to read: (links were provided in the original email)
Getting Started Tips: .........AnalysIR_Getting_Started_Tips.pdf (Updated)
Arduino Info-graphic: .........AnalysIR_Infographic_Arduino_Getting_Started_Process.pdf

plus
Getting Started Guide: ........AnalysIR_Getting_Started_v0913311042_User_Guide.pdf (Updated)

Contact us again if you still have issues getting started or if you need help exporting the signals into IRremote format - just ask.
heidiheweidy

Post by heidiheweidy »

This was so helpful thank u very much!
Now the AnalysIR UI has a signal graph and some numbers on the left under Channel 1.
All that's left I guess is to get the array that I need to put into my sendRaw sketch in Arduino, so would you please tell me how to do that?
AnalysIR
Site Admin

Post by AnalysIR »

Excellent...

Once you have your signals captured and listed in the Session History table (lower middle of main window), go to the Menu and do a 'Batch Export' for IRremote as follows:

Menu->File>Batch Export->IRremote

The generated Arduino 'C' code for IRrremote will be available in your clipboard.

CTRL+V to paste into your sketch.

PS: If you have problems, save your session (Menu->File->Save Session) and upload the file. You can get the file via (Menu->File->Explore).
heidiheweidy

Post by heidiheweidy »

success!! i am so happy haha thank u guys so much