Decode Air Conditioner Codes with ESP8266

Everything related to protocols and IR codes
jfigue

Decode Air Conditioner Codes with ESP8266

Post by jfigue »

Hi,

I have a Samsung Air Conditioner and I'm struggling to decode its IR codes on an NodeMCU ESP8266 so I can control it through wireless. I tried the example on AnalysisIR page for "Recording long Infrared Remote control signals with Arduino" and, even tough, it compiles it doesn't do anything and it only shows me "Press the button on the..." message on the terminal. I guess that probably the code can't be migrated so easily.
Can I ask if there's a specific version of that code for the ESP8266? Has anyone been able to decode this specific brand IR codes with the ESP8266?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Javier.
AnalysIR
Site Admin

Re: Decode Air Conditioner Codes with ESP8266

Post by AnalysIR »

I had a quick look at the original Arduino code and it shouldn't be hard to port it to the ESP8266 NodeMCU with the Arduino IDE.

Just make sure the Interruots are set up correctly and that watchdog doesn't time out.

It is also important to power the IR receiver from 3V3 (not 5V)

Let me know if you get it working....
AnalysIR
Site Admin

Post by AnalysIR »

I just checked with the firmwarewe provide with AnalysIR for ESP8288 NodeMCU & it is very similar. So I dont see an obvious reason it wouldnt work.

So if you are having issues, it is likely something you are doing wrong in code or your wiring etc.
(add in some debug println statement to see what is happening)

You should write some test code to see if you can detect a high to low to high transition via interrupt on your setup.
jfigue

Post by jfigue »

Thank you very much for your response. I was able to adapt the sketch and decode the signals for my air conditioner. I'm attaching the text file with the output (I pressed a couple of times the On/Off button just to check). Does this output seems reasonable? Can I just put this into the output IR Led and send it back to the AC?

Thanks in advance!!

Regards,
Javier.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AnalysIR
Site Admin

Post by AnalysIR »

Javier

I checked your first 2 signals and they decode on AnalysIR as VESTEL168_112_56AC, which is probably just a rebrand of your AC.

There are examples on our blog, showing how to send AC signals on the ESP. (Not the output signals is inverted in our code)

With AnalysIR, you can also clean these signals to get betterperformance/reliability/range.

There are also examples on our blog showing how to go about reverse engineering AC signals using AnlaysIR.
PatrickBar

Post by PatrickBar »

AnalysIR wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:59 pm There are great Blackwolf Pre Workout results examples on our blog, showing how to send AC signals on the ESP. (Not the output signals is inverted in our code)
Could you link to one of the examples please?
Last edited by PatrickBar on Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:30 am, edited 2 times in total.