IRSend / IR Lib change OUTPUT PIN & Mega

Everything related to protocols and IR codes
ploto22

IRSend / IR Lib change OUTPUT PIN & Mega

Post by ploto22 »

Hello everybody
i need again your support
I have an arduino Mega connected to GSM shield that use the pin 2 & 3 for exchange date with GSM module by softserial

The question is:
1. IRSend & IRLib running correctly with arduino mega ?
2. In what way is possible change the pinout to connect IR Led (instead of PIN 3) in Arduino mega ?
3. I need connect TWO ir led at the same board (Arduino Uno) is it possible ? (obviously to emmit the raw data not in the same time for both the IR Led)

thanks again for your support

Paolo

AnalysIR
Site Admin

Re: IRSend / IR Lib change OUTPUT PIN & Mega

Post by AnalysIR »

Hi Paolo

Answers follow:

1. Yes
2. The Tx pin is 9, by default, so no obvious conflict with pins 2 & 3.
3. I am assuming you need 2 IR Leds for transmission on the UNO. There is no way to do this with the standard libraries. to give the best answer I would need to know more about the specific application. However, it would be possible by using some external logic or transistors and enabling emmiters as required using another output pin on the arduino, before sending. Why can you not send on both IRLEDs at the same time?
ploto22

Post by ploto22 »

Good news for Arduino Mega !

I have to send the raw code at TWO different Air Conditioner with the same board (Arduino UNO), so i can send data in different time.
The limitation is that i have a pinout only for two Air Conditioner, the solution should be two pinout with TWO IR Emitter for every A.C., alternative
that i see is to use a micro relay that latch when i send data to Air Conditioner A with IR A and unlatch when i send data to Air Conditioner B with IR B connected at the same pin.

thanks agani for support
Paolo
AnalysIR
Site Admin

Post by AnalysIR »

If you are sending to two different ACs (that also have 2 different models of Remote/signals), then you can send both signals from just one pin.

see the circuit here...http://www.analysir.com/blog/2013/11/22 ... d-circuit/ and just use 2 IR LEDs in series.

Point one the 2 IR LEDs at each AC unit.

If you need something different, you will have to provide more details & maybe a layout of where the ACs are relative to the UNO.
ploto22

Post by ploto22 »

The ACs are the same model (same raw code) but installed in two different rooms and i need switch on / off separately

bye
Paolo
AnalysIR
Site Admin

Post by AnalysIR »

use 2 transistors(or relays) which are controlled by 2 arduino pins depending on which one is being used.

The transistor or relay can then control the +5V to the IR led.

Essentiall just develop a switch.

You would of course need 2 different emitter circuits for each IR led.

Another way to do it would be to use logic AND gates.

Either way it looks like you will have to create/design a bit of a circuit.