Wemos d1 mini failed to boot with Esp8266 HAck

Everything related to protocols and IR codes
borolo

Wemos d1 mini failed to boot with Esp8266 HAck

Post by borolo »

Hi, I followed the post in Es8266 Updated Hack using a Samsung AC and the sketch works great using the decoded signals from Analysir, a Wemos d1 Mini and the SendIR module. The only hiccup is "the quirk". I tried the suggestion on the blog but still no luck. I can't get the board to boot with the SendIR module connected. If I boot it and then connect it works great, but in order to use it I need to boot it with the module connected.

I'm using a Wemos D1 mini, measured the resistance between D4 and 3v3 pins and gave me around 11K just like the post, so I soldered from D4 to 3v3 pin a 5K1 and it gave me 3K5. So my connection is: ground to ground, D4 to 3v3 through the 5k1 and to the IR_TX on the board, and from 3v3 to VCC on the board.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

Emilio
AnalysIR
Site Admin

Re: Wemos d1 mini failed to boot with Esp8266 HAck

Post by AnalysIR »

3v3 to VCC on the board.
You should connect 5V to VCC on SendIR.

Also, I presume you are referring to this post on our blog : https://www.analysir.com/blog/2017/01/2 ... r-signals/

That post was referring to the NodeMCU style of board and used a 5k8 resistor, not the D1 Mini. It is likely that the Wemos D1 Mini has a different setup.

I will double check the Wemos D1 Mini shortly and update.

FYI: Our A.IR Shield ESP8266/ESP32 Uses the same feature, so fortunately it will be easy for me to measure..stay tuned.
AnalysIR
Site Admin

Post by AnalysIR »

On our A.IR Shield ESP8266/ESP32 we use a 5K6 resistor..so maybe the 5K1 is too low.

If you don't have a 5K6 or 5K8 try adding in some 100R, 470R and/or 220R in series or come up with an alternative parallel combination.

Post back how you get on....

PS: If I remember correctly our decade resistance box helped us with this issue originally: https://www.tindie.com/products/AnalysI ... rod_search
Our A.IR Shield ESP8266/ESP32 is available via: https://www.analysir.com/blog/product/a ... ed-module/
borolo

Post by borolo »

Thanks for your quick reply. Yes that post exactly.

I'll try your suggestions with the resistors, I hope it workss since I have 4 SendIR modules and same quantity of D1 mins. I'll let you know once I get home this afternoon.

I'll also try it with the Nodemcu board, I have two of those. Btw, great job on the Analysir software, I'm having a blast decoding signals.

I have 3 Samsung ACs which I'm automating with Home Assistant and Alexa. I´ll keep posting my progress.

Thanks
borolo

Post by borolo »

Did a quick test at lunch, used 5k1 + 330R+ 220R in series and it's working now. I'll solder all up this afternoon and let you know.

Thks
borolo

Post by borolo »

Finished soldering, preraring now to encase it inside the altoids can :mrgreen: . Integrated now with HASSIO and Alexa,all working great.

Messy job soldering though...
IMG_4027.JPG
with the mini running...
IMG_4026.JPG
Thanks for your support.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AnalysIR
Site Admin

Post by AnalysIR »

:D cool....and that is why we offer shields for the D1 mini etc

...DIY is lots of fun though!