AC signal troubleshooting (II)

Everything related to protocols and IR codes
melkati

AC signal troubleshooting (II)

Post by melkati »

Hi.

I have opened a new thread not to hijack the old one (http://www.analysir.com/joomla/IRforum/ ... 1&start=10) but it looks as almost the same issue.

I bought AnalysIR mainly to analyse and replay AC codes but looks like there is some kind of limitation working with these long and unstandard signals.

I'm triying to analise a Daikin remote, model ARC452A3, and the first problem I have is that each time I do a capture it looks completly different. I'm completly unable to make two similar captures.

Attached are different captures (in no special order, just one recording after another). I'm just pressing the "Timer cancel" buton so all parameters (temp, fan, mode, etc) should remain the same.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
melkati

Re: AC signal troubleshooting (II)

Post by melkati »

Some more captures...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
melkati

Post by melkati »

And more...
melkati

Post by melkati »

I'm capturing with a TSOP4838

Already ordered the infrared harware kit from AnalysIR (great idea, by the way!) to try with some different receivers.

I have here an JeeLabs Infrared Plug (http://jeelabs.net/projects/hardware/wiki/Infrared_Plug) with a TSOP34838 will try with this as well. (I have also in transit a USB IR TOY v2)

Any help will be appreciated.

Best regards.

Mario.
AnalysIR
Site Admin

Post by AnalysIR »

melkati wrote:I'm capturing with a TSOP4838
Based on feedback from our users, TSOP4838 is a known Fail for longer AC signals, because it is not designed for that purpose. So you need a different IR Receiver, designed to handle AC signals.

melkati wrote:I have here an JeeLabs Infrared Plug (http://jeelabs.net/projects/hardware/wiki/Infrared_Plug) with a TSOP34838 will try with this as well..
I just checked the data sheet for the TSOP34838 & it should work fine. So let us know how you get on with it.

Yesterday, we opened a new topic in this forum to track which IR receivers work with AC signals so people can avoid buying the wrong receivers, which is quite common.

I also reviewed your captured IR signals above and as you guessed the TSOP4838 can not handle these signals. In general terms, what you are seeing on the trace is the AGC scheme within the device, deciding that the signal is too long for it and accordingly it treats it as noise.

Let us know, when you get to use the newer IR receivers..tnx

PS: One more thing....which model of AC & remote are you using?
melkati

Post by melkati »

Hi.

I'm starting a second round at triying to decode the Daikin protocol almost two years later. :-)

This time I'm using a USB Toy V222 and AnalysIR 1.15.826.8100

I looks like now I can capture the correct signals but AnalysIR isn't decoding the protocol (I guess it's the DAIKIN280AC, according to what I can see in the CUSTOM16 definition). AnalysIR keeps identifying it as PANASONIC128_216AC.

I tried to force AnalysIR to detect it as DAIKIN280AC messing with the AnalysIR.ini file but no way.

By the way, how can I restore the AnalysIR.ini file? The one I have now isn't working any more (no protocol detection and the "Rules" tab is empty).

The Daikin equipment I'm using for testing is:
- Remote - ARC452A3
- External unit: 4MXS68F
- Internal unit: FTXS35J2
AnalysIR
Site Admin

Post by AnalysIR »

Thanks for the info.

I will look at your file later today. :)
AnalysIR
Site Admin

Post by AnalysIR »

I have emailed you a new file directly.

You can also find a clean copy of the file in the AnalysIR directory under program files, which you should copy to the AnalysIR directory under APPDATA
AnalysIR
Site Admin

Post by AnalysIR »

I had a look at your signal...

it looks like your remote is send 2 signals for each button press as follows:

64 bits + 64 bits + 128 bits

As it seems to be an official remote of daikin, I will add it in to AnalysIR as a new DAIKIN protocol.

In the meantime, you can get the code for the 128 bit (second part of the signal, by double clicking the black trace just before the undecoded part.
AnalysIR
Site Admin

Post by AnalysIR »

Actually, the protocol is already supported in AnalysIR as DAIKIN280AC

The issue was just the order of decoding & the panasonic conflicted with this, as it found a match to part of the signal.

I will email you a new ini file that works and only checks for panasonic after Daikin.