IR Emitter with ESP32

electrodevice

IR Emitter with ESP32

Post by electrodevice »

Hello, I would like to know if I can have the IR transmitter scheme compatible with the sketch AnalysIR Firmware for ESP32 via Serial & WiFi, release 1.0.4?
Are the legs locked or can I choose others?
Thank you
AnalysIR
Site Admin

Re: IR Emitter with ESP32

Post by AnalysIR »

The pinouts for the ESP8266 & ESP32 are explained in the wiki http://wiki.analysir.com/index.php?titl ... /ESP32_TRx

You should be able to use most pins on the ESP32...however the pin selection for IR send is fixed on the shield. The wiki expalins how to use different pins for Ir rx by using various jumpers on the rear of the board.

If you explain, exactly what you need to do, I can provide the best route & instructions.
Are the legs locked or can I choose others?
The pins are fixed by default. However, it is possible to change the pins for the 2 IR receivers via jumpers. To change the Tx pin you would have to cut a trace andsolder in a jumper wire. Any changes you make will have to be reflected in the firmware.
electrodevice

Post by electrodevice »

I only have to send an ir led, remote control strings sampled with the shield minikit airshield trx rev 1.1, transfer them to my project that uses esp32, which I keep in flash memory and use them only if necessary to transmit them through pin 16, I think to have understood. The generation of the carrier, so modulation is software, correct?
So I insert a power transistor npn + resistors and ir led and I finished, correct?
AnalysIR
Site Admin

Post by AnalysIR »

I assume you already have one of our A.IR shields for ESP8266 or ESP32.

If yes, you would have received firmware which shows how to do that. For the ESP32, (assuming you are providing your own IR emitter circuit) you should be able to change the IR Tx pin to almost any pin on the ESP32, by adjusting the following in our ESP32 firmware.
[Line 36] #define IR_Tx_PIN 16 // IR Emitter